Sunday 3 August 2014

Mason Jar Hack



My amazing yarn safe!!

My husband Brian is an avid woodworker. He does things the old fashioned way and uses and refurbishes a lot of antique tools. Brian also likes to use authentic finishes from long ago and has recently been using linseed oil paints. He needed a "safe" for his paint brushes and came up with this brilliant design fashioned out of a mason jar from the thrift store.

As soon as I saw it I knew that this was just what I needed to keep my yarn safe! Ours is a very "debris" filled household. Infiltrated with sawdust, cathair, crumbs and whatever else spills, crawls or makes it's way in. Right now I knit out of bags, so the idea of a mason jar was very appealing. It's pretty and I can see my yarn and what it's doing while I knit. He drilled the hole and sanded and bevelled it so that it's quite smooth and doesn't catch or wear the yarn. I am in love with it!! A $3.00 Ikea mason jar hack, yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment