Thursday 31 July 2014

Exciting last week of July!!

I'm sooo excited that two of my favorite patterns....the ones that I probably had the most fun designing and knitting are live this week!
The first one is in Enchanted Knits 2014 by Interweave. "The Rumplestiltskin Wrap". I wanted to create something that almost looked like hammered metal. Sort of what I'd envisioned spun gold would look like. It was originally designed for Rapunzel, shuffling around in a drafty tower. The hood was a must because I figured that she spent a lot of time with her head out the window! It's knit in a DK yarn with twisted stitches, so it really didn't take that long to knit up. I was especially pleased with the border. I'd never used wrapped stitches before, so it was really interesting to do and I found the finished border really appealing. The yarn I used was Sweet Fiber's Merino Twist DK...totally delightful! It'll be cozy too!




The next pattern that came out was "The Tugboater Pullover". It's my first mens' pattern and was inspired (of course) by my Tugboat Captain hubby. I felt that the Maritime industries are pretty well represented in knitting; There's the Fisherman's Knit, The Gansy, The Merchant Marine's sweater. I felt that a lack of Towboat sweaters was a huge oversight. So this one is a little gansy, a little henley and a little cowichan with the bold motif. I don't know if you can start an official sweater for something...but in my rather cluttered mind, this will be the official Tugboat sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment