Friday 18 May 2012

Subway Socks, Socks with a Hidden Pocket!!

Subway Socks
Socks with a Pocket!!!


I've just released a new design that I’m stupid excited about!! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/subway-boot-socks
It’s a sock with a hidden pocket!  I thought it was a great idea because I walk a lot and hate carrying a purse. I’m always trying to figure new ways to move about unencumbered.  When I was a kid there was this great story about a mom who made her son this jacket with a gazillion pockets.  He filled the pockets with so much stuff that when he fell down…he couldn't get up.  I see myself as this kid sometimes.  Anyways…back to the socks.  My daughter is a musician who usually has at least three instruments, back packs and a variety of other tools of the trade dangling from her as she flies about the city.  I picture her cramming herself onto the train and being an easy target for pick-pockets…..or she could just leave something behind.  That can happen when you have that much stuff.  So, the socks are mainly for her.  So at least she can put her money and bus pass somewhere that no one would think of. 



This is a picture of my daughter on the move....seriously!


No comments:

Post a Comment